Saturday, January 11, 2014

Heritage of the Servants

I dream of not needing to sleep. Could you imagine all the things we could get done? All the places we could go, all the art we could create? Lately my anxiety has plagued my dreams, waking up feeling just as tired as when I went to sleep in the first place. Nightmares cloud my mind, exposing my fears of losing Isaac and Nathan. I know with my heart and soul that my boys are here with me for life. Yet my mind plays tricks on me in the dark of the night, taunting me. 

I wonder if it's just the devil playing games with my head so I might be discouraged to keep so active in my spiritual life. Its ironic really; the more threatened I feel the closer I cling to my Heavenly Father. Like a little girl that climbs into her parents room because of the boogie man under her bed. I climb into the King of King's lap and expose my heart to Him as He graciously wipes the tear streaks from my face and tells me, 
"No instrument of war which is formed against you will be of any use; and every tongue which says evil against you will be judged false. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness comes from me." 

No matter what lie crawls into my mind it will not dwell there.  No matter what attack that comes my way I will come out on top. I'm a child of the Lord of All Creation. Why do I fret? So, I guess for those of you reading, if you would join me in prayer it'd be so appreciated. I need to feel in my heart and soul the security that God provides. Thank you in advanced.  


No comments:

Post a Comment