Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pin Up

I have recently found myself inspired by the 1950's pin up style. Now being a stay at home mom, I like the idea of being a vampy, sexy, self empowered stay at home mom. Pin up is the essence of empowered stay at home wives, I feel. Doing what we do around the house and occasionally taking the jobs that are traditionally men's. I feel that now a days it's easy to be looked down upon to be a stay at home mom. The idea of "oh you're just a stay at home mom". Back then it was expected and glorified, almost.

I'm the modern day pin up girl. My husband goes out and works as a general laborer. I stay at home, cook, clean, take care of the baby and get cute for my husband when he gets home. Only I have hot pink hair and wear fishnets on a daily basis....
I retreat to this style because it feels self empowering. It's not that big a deal in the wide spectrum, I realize, but it makes me feel like I'm having fun with it, instead of just playing the part and going through the motions. After all didn't we play dress up as little girls and play house? Why is it so taboo to not have another career on top of the career of motherhood?

I'm still learning about pin up style and such so I'm no expert. I do, however, feel connected to those girls. Making their career forefront and center and looking vampy while doing it.

Christmas Tea Dress Up

Tacky Sweater Party

Victory Rolls

Barrol Roll


No comments:

Post a Comment